If you have a body mass index of 35 or more, cannot get weakened by methods such as medical nutrition, exercise and medical treatment under expert supervision, it may be time to get an obesity or metabolic surgery.
Do not worry too much, we know the best surgeons for the task!
All you should know about obesity or metabolic surgery
- Obesity surgery, or commonly known as stomach reduction surgery, can be summarized as a series of 'closed' interventions that develop day by day.
- In obesity surgery, the same procedure is not applied to every patient and 'this is the only and best method' approach is not adopted. However, all obesity operations, that is, bariatric procedures, are performed by laparoscopic surgery.
- Patients can stand up on the same day and be discharged within a few days; they can return to their jobs within a week.
- Because of the lack of incision, pain is felt very little and aesthetically good results are obtained which is based on two principles; reducing the volume of the stomach and / or 'malabsorption', i.e. preventing the absorption of food at some stages.
- Women of childbearing age who plan to have children in the short term are not advised to have this surgery. Because it is recommended not to become pregnant for 24 months following obesity surgery operations.
- Obesity is also recommended for patients with a body mass index of over 30 with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, which affect the quality of life and duration of the patient.
- The appropriate surgery is determined by various examinations and tests performed by doctors.
Obesity surgery treatment methods
- Tube Gastric Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Gastric Bypass
- Robotic Surgery in Obesity Surgery
- Stomach Balloon Application
Contact us today for a professionally done obesity surgery!